Saturday, December 17, 2011

Homemade Shaving Cream



   When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to make this for my brother for Christmas (I know I can tell you guys what I made him because he doesn't read my blog - tee hee!!! Nobody tell him!). He has been very much into becoming a classy man, and among other things, he has taken up shaving with the good 'ole foam + water + mix = shaving cream. He is also appreciating hand-crafted items because of their typically higher quality. So I knew I had to make this for him as soon as I found it. I also came up with the name, hoping it sounds goofy and manly enough for him :D

   It's SUPER easy! (I say that about alot of things don't I? Well, it's the truth!) And homemade shaving cream is a great companion to the bath bombs I posted a while back. Now you can make bath bombs for the women and shaving cream for the men!

------------------------------------------------
- 45 grams cocoa butter
- 30 grams light olive oil
- 20 mls liquid castille soap
- A few drops of essential oil (optional)

   Melt the cocoa butter and olive oil together in a double-boiler. Let cool. Add liquid castille soap - and essential oils if desired. Whisk or blend with an electric blender. It makes about one cup total because it will increase in volume as you blend. When you're ready to use it, mix a little with some water as you usually would and get to shavin'!


   See? Pretty easy. I can't vouch for how it works, as I haven't dipped into my brother's Christmas gift, but it sure does smell good! I had to wrap it so I'd stop smelling it. I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but it seems like the scent is dissipating from me opening it so many times to smell, and now it mostly smells like the cocoa butter....oops! Let's hope that's just my nose getting used to the scent and he won't think I made him chocolate scented shaving cream! :D



This post is linked to:

2 comments:

  1. Hahaaa! I love the name you came up with. I think that definitely ought to make it seem manly :) Maybe he won't think it's chocolate, just the sweet smell of bear grease ;)

    Let us know how it works, I'd be interested in trying it for myself :P

    In His Love,
    Maiden Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maiden Princess

    Thanks! The name took alot of thinking among my sisters and mom and I.

    I'll try to remember to let you guys know how it works out. If I forget, feel free to bug me :)

    I had considered making some for myself but I'm not in the habit of using shaving cream....maybe if he really likes it I'll have to change that habit :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...