Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"She Got Me An Apple!"


Today I was out running some errands, one of which included a stop at a relative's house. As I set out on the next part of the trip I was given an apple for snacking on while I was out doing the rest of the errands.

Well, the day came and went and the apple still set next to me. When I got home I was greeted by my little brother. He came up to me and said, "What you got?"

I hadn't purchased anything to bring home during the errands so I looked by the seat next to me for something to hand him. I spotted the apple. I held it up in front of him and exclaimed, "I got an apple!" His face lit up, "You got apple for me?!?!" ...Ha ha ha! Well that wasn't the original intent, but I quickly changed the ownership of the apple in my mind, "Yup, I got it for you." He took it from my hands, face glowing, and headed for the kitchen exclaiming, "I gonna eat it right now!"...He does something to the apple, then says, "I picked off stem!" (ha ha!)

He continued in his joy by showing others..."She got me an apple! She got me an apple!"

Ah the joys of a young child! We have a bag of apples in the fridge, yet when I got the apple "just for him", it was like I gave him a giant chocolate bar with a stuffed panda to go with it! It made me realize that a gift doesn't have to be expensive, nor does it need to be candy, to make a little one's day brighter. In fact, the more I think of it, the more I realize that goes for older people too.

Your next challenge? Make something in life special for the little ones in your life. Go for a bike ride "just for them", make a funny-shaped biscuit "just for them", have him invite the other kids to play "his" game that he picked, or hey give them their own apple "just for them". Be creative.



This post is linked to a blog-hop of a great blog:

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, I love how you describe it! Your little brother must have been so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...