Saturday, July 30, 2011

Little Siblings + Books = FUN!!!!


Have you ever read any Amelia Bedelia books before? She is pretty funny! It has been a busy week and as I was browsing another blog while I unwound, it hit me. I need to read a sister a book. Does the sister want me to read a book? Of course! But I actually was the one that had the urge to want to read a book to a couple cute little kids.

I asked them if they wanted me to read a book before bed. I took them off guard. I got a funny look and then a "Sure!" I grabbed one of my own favorite "childhood" books and we headed to a bedroom. We all plopped on top of the bed and they huddled around to see the pictures while I read. As always, it was a good story. We laughed and chuckled at how silly Amelia Bedelia is and we had a good time together.

Like I said before, I'm sure the little siblings loved being read to - I could tell they were loving being read to - but I think it was actually more for me than them! It was a great way to relax and click back into "normal" after a packed week. Indeed, it was good therapy for a tired body to read a funny book with a bunch of sweet little kids huddled around together - enthralled by a good book.

So the challenge? Easy. Volunteer to read a book or two to some little ones in your life. Not only will it encourage them, but it will also strengthen you.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...