Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chewy Spice Cookies


     A few weeks back I had searched for a spice cookie recipe and couldn't seem to find one I was satisfied with. So, that said, this is a mixture of a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, from this recipe and that recipe. I love doing that :D I made them again the other day and now I have decided to share them with you all, my fellow homemakers-to-be! Enjoy!


Chewy Spice Cookies

Cream together:
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs (or 3 smaller eggs!)
1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup oats









1. Cream together the first 5 ingredients.





2. Mix everything else into the flour except the oats.



 

3. Stir together the creamed and dry mixtures.












4. Stir in the oats.





5. Bake at 375* for 8-12 minutes.








The base recipe I used is actually a refrigerator cookie (though you can use any cookie recipe as a refrigerator cookie). Do you know what a refrigerator cookie is? It means you can put the cookies in the fridge to cool, overnight, or for a few days, before you back them. I like these cookies with the dough in the fridge for a day best, but they are good any way they are baked!

P.S. I love desserts, I must say. Though I don't like super sweet ones, I like a relatively low-sugar dessert. Perhaps it is one of my weaknesses. But even though I am putting up a cookie recipe, it doesn't mean I am trying to get you to eat more junk food. If you usually don't eat sweets, don't try this recipe - I'm not asking you to eat more junk food! If you usually make your own, use this recipe. If you usually buy pre-packaged cookies (YUCK!!!!) then PLEASE use this recipe.You'll be glad you did. Less sugar, less junk, less money. Win, win, win :D

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...