Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Easy Way To Bake A Whole Pumpkin {Tips-n-Tricks Tuesday}


    In the last several weeks I've been having alot of fun trying out recipes over at Heavenly Homemakers (which by the way this post is linked to their Gratituesday). I'm so thankful for the good recipes on that blog! If you haven't been there before, you should really check it out.

    Anyhow, today I want to share the brilliant way she found to bake fresh pumpkin to make into puree. It is SO easy. And anyone who has every cubed a pumpkin to cook it down will greatly appreciate how easy this is. So here is her "recipe", with my own little twist.


   1. Break off stem from pumpkin or squash.
   2. Give it 6-10 stabs (like a big 'ole baked potato!). Be careful that no one gets cut!
   3. Place on pan and bake in oven at 350* for about 1 and 1/2 hours, or until it is easy to push a fork through the skin.
   4. Remove from oven and let cool until it doesn't burn your finger-tips when you touch it.
   5. Slice pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and peel/slice off skin.
   6. Put the squash in the food processor until blended smoothly.


   Voila'! Done! Serve, freeze, or can. Check out the original recipe here, or click the link above.

2 comments:

  1. I did that yesterday! Isn't it fun? :) I also found it on Heavenly Homemakers. I didn't bother breaking the stem off & it worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heather

    Yes, it's great! It is SOOO much easier this way. I must agree, it does make it "fun"!

    Oh yeah, I just added the stem-breaking part because it fits in the oven easier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...